Southern Trailriders AssociationOUR MISSION IS:
- To promote and develop public equestrian trails and related facilities throughout the southern United States
- To promote an active interest in equestrian trail riding
- To facilitate legislation, rules, ordinances and polices which promote equestrian trails
- To encourage the compatibility of equestrian trails with natural resource conservation
- To educate the general public in regards to equestrian recreational activities
And to enjoy trail riding!
Herb and I arrived bright and early and were surprised when there were quite a few cars in the parking lot. We thought we might meet lots of bikers and hikers on the trails, but surprisingly, it wasn’t bad. Most of the people that we passed were courteous. One woman just stopped, smiled and said “I don’t know what to do.” I told her, what she did by stopping was perfect, we talked and everyone […]
STA sponsored a trail ride at beautiful Crowder Farm to raise funds to benefit Triple R Horse Rescue Association. It was a lovely day and thanks to the good Lord-dry- as the next two days Tallahassee was drenched in a deluge of rain. We had a good turn out of 42 riders and raised all $420.00 for Triple R.
Crowder Farm is a lovely spot in a plantation like setting with huge lovely Live Oaks scatter […]
We started off on a very cool and brisk sunny day in long sleeves that we kept on for most of the ride. This was to be a Lyn and Bob ride but Bob had issues with catching his horse and called to say he wouldn’t make it. However he did finally catch the horse and arrived 10 or 15 minutes after we left but said he couldn’t catch us. And we were going slow […]