Southern Trailriders AssociationOUR MISSION IS:
- To promote and develop public equestrian trails and related facilities throughout the southern United States
- To promote an active interest in equestrian trail riding
- To facilitate legislation, rules, ordinances and polices which promote equestrian trails
- To encourage the compatibility of equestrian trails with natural resource conservation
- To educate the general public in regards to equestrian recreational activities
And to enjoy trail riding!
There was more than one winner at STA’s Poker Ride on Saturday, April 16th.
With memories of last year’s multiple rain-outs a collective sigh of relief welcomed the sun; win number 1.
A total of 22 people signed in with Sharon and Wendy. The riders were almost evenly divided between STA members and non-members including Brent and Cindy on matching chocolate Rocky Mountain horses and the tortoise/hare pairing of Linda and Chris.
For those of you that missed […]
We had 9 riders for this Sunday ride, beginning at 10:30 am, on a gorgeous Spring Day. Low humidity, cobalt blue skies and 65 degree temperature is what we all agreed was perfect riding weather. A nice breeze would erupt about the time riders thought about shedding a long sleeve top. Rider horse combos were: Connie & Dakota, Megan & Muchacho, Carole & Pax, Jade & Orfebre (guest), Peter & Stepper, Chris & Rose, Paulina […]
17 riders showed up for the Joe Budd Wildlife Management Area ride.
First and most important, I want to thank all the people that made this day possible: Suzanne and Linda for doing extra duty marking trails and helping me learn more about the Joe Budd area; Donna for helping with trail marking; Ron, our Executive Chef, for cooking hamburgers and hotdogs; my husband, Herb, the Sous Chef, for cooking up the beans and helping put […]